It is essential to check your tyre pressure every two weeks when the tyres are cold i.e. The tyres haven't been used for at least two hours or have be used for less than 3 km at a low speed. Ensure that you make adjustments if you take the pressure after riding, i.e. with "hot" tyres. In this instance, refer to the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Never deflate a hot tyre
- Don't forget to replace the valve dust caps after your checks are complete
- Tyres filled with nitrogen must still be checked regularly
- Reliance on information posted
- Our site changes regularly
- Stick to the tyre pressures recommended by the manufacturer
These recommendations are applicable for tyres used on the road. There are additional recommendations for use on the racetrack and more generally for any race.